Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Rice Krispie treats have long been a staple treat in most every home. While there simply aren’t many people that would refuse a Rice Krispie treat, there are so many ways to make them beyond the traditional rice cereal and marshmallow goopy goodness that there really is something for everyone. This batch of Cake Batter Rice Krispie treats are so delicious and pack two sweet flavors into one that you will likely never make another flavor again. These are very addicting and it will be hard to stop at just one!
- 3 tbs. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- ¼ cup yellow cake batter- just the dry mix, not prepared as cake
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (I always use Rice Crispy brand for consistency purposes)
- 1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles of your choice of shape and color
This recipe will make one 10×13-inch baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Make sure that you watch it carefully so that it doesn’t burn. Stir in the marshmallows when the butter is melted. It will be thick and goopy and likely hard to stir but still pliable.
- Add in the dry cake mix a little bit at a time. Make sure that it is fully incorporated or your Rice Crispy treats will taste grainy.
- Add rice cereal to the mix and stir until the cereal is sticky and thoroughly coated.
- Spread out in a baking dish and allow to set.
- If you can handle the heat, spray your hands down with some non-stick cooking spray and pat down your Rice Crispy treats. Be sure to spray the front and back side of your hands.
- Don’t use brown/ chocolate sprinkles as they often times bleed making your treats look funny.
- For an even more fantastic and decadent dessert, once your Rice Crispy treats set, spread on a layer of frosting.